Skill Development Center
Skilling, Reskilling and Upskilling Young India
Skill based knowledge is the driving force for a country’s social-economic development and thus skill building is an important asset to increase the efficacy and quality of labour for improved productivity and economic growth. Today, given the highly competitive market scenario, it is essential for Indian youth to be at armed with employable skills and technical knowledge.
With over 12 million youth in the country entering the job market it is important to keep pace with the industry demands for skilled labour. To bridge the gap between the demands from industry for a skilled future- ready workforce, Prakash Jayantilal Chauhan Foundation along with National Skill Development Corporation has setup a skill development center in Malad area, a western suburb of Mumbai. The Skill Development Center will provide specialized training to the unemployed and to those with no employable skills.
With the objective of offering market-relevant training that will open-up better job opportunities for the youth, Prakash Jayantilal Chauhan Foundation conducted a survey amongst the youth and their families in areas around Malad. The findings of the survey revealed a slew of challenges faced by the un-skilled youth including:
- Proper Infrastructure
- Guidance and Counselling
- NSDC certified trainers
- Personality Development
- Job Placement Assistance
A secondary survey to identify the areas with potential employment opportunities helped the foundation zero in on five industry segments. The Skill Development Center in Malad with its state-of-the-art infrastructure will provide expert counselling to individuals, aiding them to opt for the course matching their interests, aspirations and skills helping create a pool of industry-ready professionals. This center will also offer internships and on-the-job training opportunities to the students.
- Beauty and Wellness: The course imparts training in Beauty and Wellness by bridging the required industry gap and creating a talent pool for jobs such as Pedicurist and Manicurist, Beauty Therapist and Hair Stylist
- Retail: The course provides a collaborative and comprehensive training required for sales and distribution.
- Electronics: The course will offer field technician courses for repairing AC, Home Appliances.
- IT-ITeS: This course will develop a skill ready workforce for Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Office Management: The course facilitates support to undertake a variety of administrative, clerical and managerial tasks and provide support to senior management in organizations.
Beauty and Wellness
The course imparts training in Beauty & Wellness by bridging the required industry gap and creating a talent pool for jobs as Pedicurist & Manicurist, Beauty Therapist & Hair Stylist.
The course provides a collaborative and comprehensive training required for retail sales and distribution.
The course will offer field technician courses for repairing AC, Home Appliances.
This course will develop a skill ready workforce for Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
The course facilitates support to undertake a variety of administrative, clerical and managerial tasks and provide support to Managers and Directors.
Associate with us
- Internship/On-Job-Training: Corporates can offer internship and/or provide on-the-job training, thereby training the students for their professional careers.
- Placement: Companies can offer placements to students based on their skills and company’s requirements
- Sponsorship: Corporates can sponsor education for a student(s) or a batch for a particular course
- Knowledge Sharing: Corporates can associate with us by conducting sessions that will help students enhance their learning